A close friend of ours called me up and said that she had damage to the top of her upright dresser as well as her chest of drawers. A perfume bottle had a crack in it and leaked on both tops leaving some deep marks in the finish. She did not want to do a full makeover on either piece and asked if there was something that I could do. We decided on painting some flowers on both tops to cover the damaged areas. The below pictures are of the damaged areas on both pieces.
The chest of drawers had an area right in the middle of the top so I wanted to make sure it was fully covered but always wanted to make sure that it looked like it was initially designed that way. So, I planned to add a flower and some leaves in each corner as well as the large flower in the center.
For the upright dresser, there were two spots that needed to be covered and they were positioned awkwardly so I decided to d just one large flower and place it on the corner at a diagonal angle to cover both spots. I think it turned out beautifully!!
I added a layer of polyurethane over the entire top of the dressers for protection and I couldn’t be happier with the results! And the customer LOVED IT!